Gloria Graham, AKBD
Brendan Donovan Furniture & Cabinet Co.
3685 Investment Lane, West Palm Beach, Florida
Phone (561)254-7736,
kitchensforliving@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WHAT IS LEGACY?



Every two weeks, an intrepid group of bloggers participate in something called a Blog Off. We share our take on the same topic on the same day. Ok, so I'm a day late but better late than never, as they say. The topic this time is "What is legacy?" Such a huge topic in one word! When I think of legacy I think of a few different things.
Naturally I think of where I came from and the legacy given to me by my Jamaican mother, grandparents, aunts, uncle etc as well as my very American dad and his parents. I guess having close relatives in another country (and a dad who worked for the airlines) has made me aware and appreciative of this great wild, wide, wonderful, world we (how’s that for alliteration?) live in. In fact, legend has it, some of my very first words were "Pan American"! I love my country, don’t get me wrong, but there is nothing like foreign travel to give you the big picture! This awareness and experience connects us to humanity in all its varieties and has brought me to the realization that we are really all one. So a big thank you to my parents for their legacy to me and for having the temerity to haul two little girls around the globe and sharing their adventures with us.



The next thing I think about is what I will leave behind when I’m gone. I have two beautiful children who are a precious legacy of the human kind. Then there is my work and my art. These are the things that will hopefully outlast all and be around to speak for me in the decades after my demise. Everywhere I have designed a kitchen I have left a little legacy behind and hopefully touched a soul or two along the way.




A kitchen I created using Holiday Kitchen's cabinets.




Last but not least there is my writing and my art of which I have not yet created nearly enough.   I hope to change that.  If you want to check out some of what I have created you can see it here. Check on the links below to read what other bloggers had to share.



http://letsblogoff.com/images/letsblogoff_badge.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment