Gloria Graham, AKBD
Brendan Donovan Furniture & Cabinet Co.
3685 Investment Lane, West Palm Beach, Florida
Phone (561)254-7736,
kitchensforliving@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5 WAYS TO CREATE A SEXY KITCHEN


The new sexy isn’t always sexual. In fact the Brits have coined the term “sex it up!” meaning to make something more interesting, attention grabbing or appealing. So, guess what? Now you can “sex up” your kitchen by updating and refreshing the look and function. Here are some tricks:

1) Roll outs Want easier access? Install shelves that roll out. These are great in the lower cabinets as well as in your pantry.

2) Open shelves can be extremely functional allowing you to view and easily grab and go.  I also love them for cookbooks and they break up the monontony of too many cabinet doors.

3) Color and texture  What's more seductive than color and texture?  Think sleek stainless steel paired with a rustic tumbled marble backsplash or a RED quartz counter top in the midst of a clean white kitchen.  

4) Dimmable light fixtures above your cabinets can create a subtle glow.  Add them under your upper cabinets and they double as task lighting when turned up. 

5) Art is One of my favorite additions to any kitchen.  It's a great way to personalize your kitchen and create visual interest.  (See my  3/18 post).

What are you passionate about in your kitchen? Dying to know and hoping you'll share.

1 comment:

  1. When I bought my house through costa rica homes for sale
    I expected to have a big stove in the kitchen with a huge space, now I am really happy because I can cook every kind of recipe in my huge stove. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete